Outback Chicken

from this blog
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2-1 tsp seasoning salt
6 slices of bacon, halved
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 tsp dried onion flakes
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)

Pound chicken breasts to 1/2″ thick. Sprinkle both sides with salt and chill for 30 minutes. Cook bacon till crisp; set aside. For sauce: mix mustard, honey, onion flakes, and mayo till smooth. Brown chicken in a little bacon grease for 3-5 minutes per side. Place in a 9×13″ pan. Top with bacon and mushrooms. Pour sauce over the top and cover with cheese. Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes or till chicken juice runs clear.

Notes:-I cook my bacon in the oven because it is much easier and cleaner. I line a large jelly roll pan with foil and place a cooling rack in it. I place the bacon on the cooling rack and bake in a 400 oven till the bacon is crisp. The fat drips down through the grids on the cooling rack and lands on the foil. The bacon comes out crispier, and not as shriveled up. So much better than cooking over the stove!!-If you don’t have dijon mustard, you can substitute regular if you have to. It won’t taste exactly the same, but it will still be good.-While the chicken is cooking, I like to baste it with the sauce. (But you don’t have to.)-I like this with mushrooms, but the rest of my family doesn’t, so I usually leave them out.

Comments